Powering hundreds of insect control products, Pyrethrins is the world’s most widely used plant-based insecticide active ingredient.
Offering a myriad of benefits versus both alternative natural extracts and synthetic chemistry, natural Pyrethrins provides broad-spectrum contact kill of most insects. With its favourable toxicology profile, short environmental persistence, and short withholding period, Pyrethrins-based products are used in more sensitive applications including pest control in food processing environments, in protected cropping integrated-pest-management, and for eradicating head lice on school-age children.
Efficacy and application
- Fast knockdown and kill of problem insects
- Favourable toxicology and EFATE profile
- Superior ‘flushing’ effect excites insects, flushing them from hiding, resulting in increased likelihood of contact exposure and enhanced control
- Broad labels for formulated products with more approved uses and applications than many other alternative insecticide active ingredients
- Long history of use with limited documented insect resistance
- Powerful and effective natural insecticide active ingredient
- Sustainably grown and extracted from pyrethrum daisies grown by Australian farmers
- Suitable for use in more sensitive areas including edible gardening and food processing environments
- Short residual and low environmental persistence